SAI TRAINING CENTRE, RACE COURSE ROAD, MADIKERI
PIN CODE: 571201
E-MAIL – email@example.com
YEAR OF ESTABLISHMENT :- 1991(District Youth Service Stadium) 2007 onwards in the new building
The SAI STC was established in the year 1991 as SPDA Centre (Sports Project Development Area)at the District Stadium,Manns compound, Madikeri.
Athletics and Gymnastics (both Boys & Girls)were the disciplines flagged off in the year 1991.In the year 1992 Hockey was introduced for Boys.
Athletics – 17 (B&G)
Gymnastics – 2 ( 1 B & 1 G)
Gymnastic discipline shifted to Dharwad 1992
1992- 1995 Hockey -5 (B) 1992-93
1993-94 – (B)
Athletics Boys shifted to Dharwad & Hockey Boys to Bangalore in the year 1995 with the introduction of Girls Hockey.
Now this centre is only for Girls.
Map & Location
SAI Training centre situated in a hill station Madikeri of Kodagu District in Karnataka state at an altitude of 1100 mts above MSL at an average rainfall of 1900 mm at the maximum temperature 30 degree and minimum 7 degree
Details of Projects
- Coorg Hockey Association ,Madikeri took an area of 5.49 acres on lease for a period of 99 years from the UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE, Hebbal for the construction of stadium and Hockey field at Madikeri.
- CHA unable to construct was on look out for some agency that would help them to achieve their dream.
- On this instance , SAI and CHA signed an MOU on 11th Feb. 1999. CHA handed over the land to SAI for constructing a Hostel & to lay down the Astro turf at the present location .
- RNR Construction was awarded the contract in the year 1999 through tender processing.
- Structure of hostel building was completed and the agency terminated the work & handed over in June 2000.
- On 24th January 2006 CPWD took over the work contract and proceeded with the construction of hostel building & Hockey Filed on 18th Feb 2006.
- On May 2007 SAI Hostel was shifted from District Stadium to the newly built premises.
- On 19th Dec 2007 Synthetic Polygrass XL – ARRIVED.
- On 10th March 2008 Laying of Synthetic Polygrass Field was COMPLETED.
- On 20th & 21st Dec. 2008 ,FIH conducted test on turf and on 25th March 2009 ,Approval was confirmed.
On 20th October 2009, Inauguration of Hostel and Polygrass Hockey Field by Sh.Pratik Prakashbapu Patil the then Hon’ble Minister of State for Youth Affairs & Sports ,Govt. Of India In the presence of Dr.G.Kishore, Director SAI NS NIS Southern centre, Bangalore.
Available Facilities at STC Madikeri
- AD’s Chamber
- Office Room
- Coaches Room
- 100yds X60 yds Hockey field Synthetic
- 2 Canopy
- 15 Rooms(60 bedded)
- 3.65m x 6.00m
- Dinning hall , Recreational hall,Kitchen,store room, Wash rooms (8 Toilets & bathrooms) 4 on either sides, warden room
|Junior Accountant – 1||LDC – 1||MTS-1||Out sourcing Staff- 3 (Security, Lady Safaikarmachari & Warden)|
|Hockey Coach (Female)-1||Centre Incharge|
Activities of the Centre
- Weeding out
- Selection of New Trainees
- Admission Process
- Tentative Functions /Workshops Organised during a year
- International Yoga day
- Independence day
- National Sports day
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas
- Vigilance day
- Constitution day
- New Year Function
- Republic day
- Yoga Classes & Psychological Workshops
- Swatch Bharath Programme Once in Fort Night
ACHIEVEMENTS – Highest Exposure
- Four Nation Tournament – Argentina – Bronze medal
- Junior Women’s World Cup – Germany – Bronze
- 8th Women Asia Cup – Malaysia- Bronze
- Electric Ireland chmp – Ireland – Participation
- Test matches New Zealand – participation
- U-18 Women Asia Cup at Bangkok – Thailand – Bronze
- U-23 Women 6 nataions Hockey Tournament at Antwerp – Belgium – Silver Medal
- 5 times participant of National Camps
5 times attended National Camp
S.S.Nilan Highest Exposure(First athlete to represent India from STC Madikeri)
- Test matches against Malaysia- GOLD Medal
- Junior 4 nation Tournament – Japan – Participation