DEPARTMENT OF CO-OPERATION
The Department of Co-operation overseas the administration and functioning of various Co-operative Institutions namely Textiles, Sericulture, Industries, Animal Husbandry, Fisheries, Sugar, Horticulture, Agriculture and Irrigation and also assist the societies financially besides providing technical guidance and input.
PRINCIPLES OF CO-OPERATION
- Voluntary & Open Membership
Cooperatives are voluntary organizations, open to all persons capable of using their services and willing to accept the responsibilities of membership, without discrimination on the basis of gender, social status, racial, political ideologies or religious consideration.
- Democratic Member Control
Cooperatives are democratic organizations controlled by their members, who actively participate in setting their policies and decision making. Elected representatives of these cooperatives are responsible and accountable to their members.
- Member’s Economic Participation
Members contribute equitably and control the capital of their cooperative democratically. At least a part of the surplus arising out of the economic activity would be the common property of the cooperatives. The remaining surplus could be utilized benefiting the members in proportion to their shares in the cooperative.
- Autonomy &; Independence
Cooperatives are autonomous self-help organizations controlled by their members. If cooperatives enter into agreement with other organizations including government or raise capital from external sources, they do so on the terms that ensure democratic control by members and maintenance of cooperative autonomy.
- Education,Training & Information
Cooperatives provide education and training to their members elected representatives and employees so that they can contribute effectively to the development of these institutions. They also make the general public, particularly young people and leaders aware of the nature and benefits of cooperation.
- Cooperation among cooperatives
Cooperatives serve their members most effectively and strengthen the cooperative movement by working together through the available local, regional, national and international structure.
Co-operatives work for the sustainable development of their communities through policies approved by their members
Interest subsidy for crop loans:
Reduction in the rate of interest on agricultural loans up to Rs.3/- lakh to 0% for Short term Loan and 3% up to 10 lakh for Medium term and Long term loans and a firm commitment by the Govt. to provide interest subsidy on the loans sanctioned by the Primery Agricultural Co operative societies throw District centeral co-operative Bank and PCRDB bank
Interest Subvention for loans to Self Help Groups (SHG’s)’s:
Reduction in the rate of interest on loans to SHGs at 0% for Women, SHGs 4% for Other SHGs and a firm commitment by the Govt. to provide interest subsidy on the loans sanctioned by the co-operative credit institutions.
Tribal Sub Plan – Marketing Infrastructure facilities to LAMPS Federation:
Under this scheme, financial assistance is being given to Karnataka State Cooperative LAMPS Federation and member LAMPS societies for providing marketing infrastructures like Computers, FAX and Telephone etc. and also for construction of godowns /building. Estimated benefit:
Members of LAMP societies will get market for their minor forest produce and thereby they are economically benefited.
Financial Assistance to SC/ST/BC/Minorities Cooperative Societies:
Societies organized by the SC/ST, BCM and Minorities do not have sufficient funds to undertake economic activities for the benefit of their members. Hence with a view to assist these societies to create infrastructure and assets, financial assistance is provided under this scheme.
Enrolment of BPL.SC,ST,Backward Class/Minority,Women,Disabled persons as members of all types of Co-operatives:
The scheme aims to expand the credit base to the weaker sections and minorities in the society by enrolling them as members of Co-operative Societies. An amount equal to the value of one share subject is sanctioned to the society to enrol such beneficiaries.
DISTRICT SECTOR SCHEMES:
- Assistance to Various Co-operative societies / NCDC scheme
- Share Capital assistance to various categories of Co-operative Societies (NABARD / NCDC / General)
- Subsidy on loans Sanctioned by PCARDB for assets creation
- Investment in Women’s Cooperatives
|Sl. No||Particulars||As on 31.01.2022 (Tentative)|
|1||No. of Cooperatives||342|
|Sl. No||Societies Name||Defunct||Working||Liqudation||Total|
|1||Multi State Co operative societies||–||–||–||–|
|2||State level Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|7||Silk Growers Co operative societies||–||–||1||1|
|8||Co operative Grain Bank||86||–||10||96|
|9||Urban Co operative Bank||4||–||–||4|
|10||Other Credit Co operative Socities||19||–||–||19|
|11||Employees Credit Co operative Socities||9||–||3||12|
|13||Other Consumer Co operative Socities||2||–||–||2|
|14||Sugar Co operative Socities||–||–||–||–|
|15||Processing Co operative Socities||4||–||–||4|
|16||Thread Mill Co operative Socities||1||–||–||1|
|17||Oil Grovers Co operative Socities||–||–||–||–|
|18||Livestock Co operative Socities||3||–||–||3|
|20||Co operative Milk Union||–||–||–||–|
|21||Joint Formers Co operative Socities||3-||–||–||3|
|22||Lift Irigation Co operative Socities||–||–||2||2|
|23||Irigation Consumers Co operative Socities||4||–||1||5|
|24||Fishries Co operative Socities||1||–||–||1|
|25||Weavers Co operative Socities||2||–||–||2|
|26||Other Industrial Co operative Socities||2||2||1||5|
|27||Industrial Co operative Socities||–||–||–||–|
|28||Cunsumer Co operative Socities||7||–||–||7|
|29||Cerntral Co operative wholesale Store||1||–||–||1|
|30||Housing Co operative Socities||1||–||–||1|
|31||Housing Co operative Socities||–||–||–||–|
|32||Laborer Co operative Socities||–||–||–||–|
|33||Laborer Co operative Socities||1||–||–||1|
|34||District Co operative Marketing Federation||1||–||–||1|
|35||Multipurpose Co operative Union||7||–||–||7|
|36||Multipurpose Co operative Union||7||–||–||7|
|37||Kesha Alankarigala Co operative Societies||11||–||–||11|
|38||Women Multipurpose Co operative Societies||9||–||–||9|
|39||Garibi Hatavo Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|40||Tailors Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|41||Cobbler Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|42||Forest Growers Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|43||Hand Pounding Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|44||Washer Mans Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|45||Electricity Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|46||Transport Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|47||Co operative Hospital||–||–||–||–|
|48||Printing Co operative Societies||1||–||–||1|
|49||woolen Weaver Co operative Societies||–||–||–||–|
|50||Other Co operative Societies||7||–||1||8|
Regulatory Functions of the department
- To organize and register various types of cooperative societies on the basis of principles of cooperation, formulating and registration of byelaws and rules for the effective functioning of these societies.
- To ensure that the general body meetings and if required, special general body meetings are conducted, approve the resolutions made in these meetings within the frame work of cooperative Acts and Rules.
- Appointment of election officer for conducting the election in order to elect the board members to the cooperative societies.
- To supervise all types of cooperative societies and to ensure that these societies functions as per the provisions of Act and Rules.
- Superceding and reorganization of Board in case the elected board functions against the provisions of the Act,Rules and Byelaws.
- In addition to the disposal of the disputes arising with respect to constitution, working and management of cooperative societies also to perform statutory and quasi-judicial functions.
- To perform statutory function by executing awards, decrees, orders and decisions pertaining to loan recovery.
- To conduct Enquiry and Inspection with regard to irregular activities in co-operative societies.
- Revival, Liquidation and cancellation of registration of defunct societies.
- Inspection and control of business of chit fund organizations, Money lenders, Pawn Brokers under Chit fund Act, Money lenders Act, Pawn Brokers Act and Rules.
- Register societies and institutions under Karnataka Societies Registration Act 1960 and to implement the Act
Acts and Rules implemented by Co-operation Department.
- Karnataka Co-operative Societies Act, 1959 and Rules, 1960.
- Karnataka Moneylender Act, 1961 and Rules, 1965.
- Pawnbroker Act, 1961 and Rules, 1966.
- Chit fund Act, 1982. and Chit fund (Karnataka) Rules 1983.
- Karnataka public money (recovery of Dues) Act 1980.
- Karnataka Agricultural credit operations and Miscellaneous Provisions Act 1974
- Karnataka Souharda Co-operative Act, 1997 and Rules 2004.
- The Karnataka Prohibition Of Charging Exorbitant Interest Act, 2004.
- Multi – State Co-operative Act (in part).
- Karnataka Debt Relief Act 2018.
- Karnataka Societies Registration Act 1960 and Karnataka Societies Registration Rules 1691.
Organizational Structure of the Department
At District Level Deputy Registrar of Co Operative Societies, Sub-division Assistant Registrar of Co –operative Societies and At Taluk Level Co operative Development Officers are Working
Organization chart of Co-operation Department Kodagu Dist
Information of Working Officers
|Si No||Name||DESIGNATION||CONTACT NO||EMAIL ID|
|1||B . K Saleem KCS||Deputy Registrar of Co operative Societies Kodagu District Madikerifirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2||Ravikumar H.D||Assisitant Registrar of Co operative Societies Kodagu District Madikeriemail@example.com|
|3||M E Mohan||Co operative Development Officer Somwarpete Talukfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4||M E Mohan||Co operative Development Officer Kushalnagara Talukemail@example.com|
|5||M S Mohan||Co operative Development Officer Virajpete Talukfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|6||M S Mohan||Co operative Development Officer Ponnampete Talukemail@example.com|
|7||Triveni Rao K||Co operative Development Officer Madikeri Talukfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Statement showing the sanctioned,working and vacancies as on 31-01-2022 of the Department
|Sl. No||Name of the Post||Posts sanctioned||Working position||Vacancy position|
|1||Deputy Registrar of Coop Societies||01||01||0|
|2||Asst, Registrar of Coop Societies||01||01||0|
|3||Coop. Development Officer||04||04||0|
|5||Sr. Inspectors of CS||02||0||02|
|6||Inspector of C.S.||07||0||07|
|7||First Division. Assistant||03||02||01|
|11||Second Division Assistant||07||01||06|