Scheduled Tribe Welfare Department
Integrated Tribal Development Project
The following various programs are being implemented for the development of Scheduled Tribes
- In Valmiki Ashrama School students are provided with free food at a cost of Rs.1,300 / – per month.
|Sl. No||Taluk||Name of Valmiki Ashrama School||Sanction Strength|
- In Pre-Matric Hostels food is provided to the students at a cost of Rs. 1,500 / – per month.
|Sl. No||Taluk||Name of Pre-Matric Hostels||Sanction Strength|
|1||Madikeri||Boys Hostel, Peraje||40|
|2||Somwarpet||Girls Hostel, Kushalanagara||50|
|3||Virajpet||Boys Hostel, Kutta||85|
|4||Virajpet||Girls Hostel, Kutta||65|
|5||Virajpet||Boys Hostel, Thithimathi||73|
|6||Virajpet||Girls Hostel, Thithimathi||50|
|7||Virajpet||Boys Hostel, Polibetta||25|
|8||Virajpet||Girls Hostel, Karmadu||25|
- In Residential School children are provided with food and other essential amenities at a cost of Rs.1,600 per month.
|Sl. No||Taluk||Name of Residential Schools||Sanction Strength|
|1||Virajpet||Morarji Desai Residential School, Thithimathi||250|
|2||Virajpet||Ekalavya Model Residential School, Balugodu||420|
- Pre-matric Scholarship is sanctioned to students studying in class I to VIII, IX and X.
|Class||Boys||Girls||Family annual income limit|
|I to V||1,000/-||1,100/-||Rs.6.00 lakhs|
|VI & VII||1,150/-||1,200/-|
|IX & X||3,000/-||3,000/-||Rs.2.50 lakhs|
- Post-matric scholarship is sanctioned to students whose parents annual income is below Rs.2.50lakhs.
|Group||Courses||Maintenance allowance (Monthly rate in Rs.)|
|I||Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Medical, Technical, Agricultural and Veterinary Medicine etc.||1200||550|
|II||Other Professional Degree Courses Excluding Group-I eg: MA, MSc, M.Com, M.Ed, M.Pharma||820||530|
|III||Bachelor’s Degree All Other Courses (Courses excluding Group- I and II)||570||300|
|IV||All other undergraduate courses||380||230|
- Talented students admitted to the 6th standard and annual expenditure will be paid till 10th standard.
- Students who have passed first class on their first attempt are given the following incentives.
|Sl. No||Course||Hostellers (rate in Rs.)|
|1||SSLC over 60 % within 74.99%||7,000/-|
|2||SSLC More than 75%||15,000/-|
|3||2nd PUC students||20,000/-|
|4||Final year degree students||25,000/-|
|5||Final Postgraduate students||30,000/-|
|6||Final engineering and medical students||35,000/-|
- Monthly stipend of Rs. 10,000/- for 2 years during training period to purchase books subsidy is given Rs.50,000 /- in taluk / TMC area and Rs.1,00,000 /- in municipal / city councils.
- Jenukuruba community students who have passed the 7th and 10th standard are being given incentive of Rs.2500 /- and Rs.5000 /- respectively.
- Jenukuruba community students are given monthly educational allowance and unemployment living allowance is given for educated below 40 years age for 3 years.
|Sl.No||Details||Educational Allowance (Annually) (in Rs.)||Unemployment Living Allowance (Monthly) (in Rs.)|
- Rs. 50,000 / – financial support is given to couples who are getting married in mass wedding programs.
- Incentive of Rs.3.00 lakhs is given to Scheduled Tribe widows who re-marry same caste male.
- Incentive of Rs.2.00 lakhs is given to Scheduled Tribe male/female who marry within the Scheduled Tribe sub caste.
- Incentive of Rs.2.50 Lakhs is given to Scheduled Tribe male who marries other caste female and Rs.3.00 lakhs is given to Scheduled Tribe female who marries other caste male.
- Scheduled Tribe Colonies are provided with basic amenities such as concrete road and sewage, drinking water and community hall and other basic facilities.
- Valmiki Bhavan construction
|Sl.No.||Level||Amount (In Lakhs)|
- Under the 275 (1) Article of the Constitution of India and special Central assistance, basic infrastructure facilities self employment, health, animal husbandary, agriculture, horticulture etc programs are provided.
- JenuKuruba community in Kodagu district are provided with basic facilities like construction of houses, road, sewage, drinking water, community hall, Self employment trainings health, animal husbandary, agriculture, horticulture etc programs.
- The Scheduled Tribes and other traditional forest dwellers (Recognition of forest rights) Act 2006 (No.2 of 2007) and rules 2008 (Amended rules 2012) forest rights is recognised and individual and community resource title deeds distributed.
- During the rainy season Jenukuruba, kadukuruba, soliga, yerava and Kudiya community are provided with nutrition food once in 45 days for 6 times.
|5||Cowpea beans||1 Kg|
|11||Cooking oil||2 ltr|
|12||Nandini Ghee||½ Kg|