ZP ADMINISTRATIVE SETUP
The Government appoints the Chief Executive Officer to carry out administration of Zilla Panchayat and also appoints Chief Accounts Officer, Chief Planning Officer and one or more Deputy Secretaries who work directly under the Chief Executive Officer and assist him, at Taluk Level Executive officers help CEO in implementing Taluk Level Programmes.
The Kodagu district ZP organization structure is as follows:
Functions of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO)The Chief Executive Officer shall perform the following functions :
- exercise all the power specially, imposed or conferred upon him by or under the Act or under any other law for the time being in force
- control the officers and official of, or holding office under, the Zilla Panchayat subject to the general superintendence and control of the Adhyaksha and such rules as may be prescribed
- supervise and control the execution of all works of the Zilla Panchayath
- take necessary measures for the speedy execution of all works and developmental schemes of the Zilla Panchayath
- have custody of all papers and documents connected with the proceedings of the meetings of the Zilla Panchayath and its committees
- draw and disburse monies out of the Zilla Panchayath Fund and
- Exercise such other powers and discharge such other functions as may be prescribed
- The Chief Executive Officer shall attend meeting of the Zilla Panchayat and shall have right to attend the meeting of any committee thereof and to take part in the discussion but shall not have right to move any resolution or to vote.
Chief Accounts Officer (CAO)
The Chief Accounts Officer shall advice the Zilla Panchayat in matters of financial policy and shall be responsible for all matters relating to the accounts of the Zilla Panchayat including the preparation of the annual accounts and budget. The Chief Accounts Officer shall ensure that no expenditure is incurred except under proper sanction and in accordance with this Act and rules and regulations made there under and shall disallow any expenditure not warranted by the Act or the rules or regulations for which no provision is made in the budget.
Functions of the Chief Planning Officer (CPO) :
- Formulating Perspective Plan, Five Year Plan and Annual Plan for the development of district.
- Determining priorities for the District. Based on these priorities, allocating outlays to sectors/departments and ensuring outlays for some earmarked programmes
- Guiding the District Officers in the formulation of suitable schemes in accordance with local needs and local resources in the framework of District Objectives
- Finalizing physical targets for various sectors in consultation with concerned Department
- Identifying area for integration and ensuring their integration in the sectoral plans
- Determining size of the Taluk Panchayat Sector outlay and distribution of the same among Taluk Panchayats on the basis of the objective criteria
- Assisting in inter-departmental co-ordination, guiding the Taluk Panchayats in formulation of Taluk sector Plan and ensuring incorporation of the Plan proposals of Taluk sector plan in the District Plan
- Assisting Gram Panchayats in the preparation of the Annual Development Plan and incorporating the same in the District Plan
- Preparing the Action Plan of various schemes, including RD & PR schemes in consultation with field departments
- Monitoring the progress of implementation of District Plan including achievement in targets, maintenance of time schedule and initiation of corrective action
- Assisting in releasing the grants to various departments based on priorities and MMRs
- Furnishing vital information concerning Planning to the Planning Department at the State level and creating the data bank at the district level with help of district level officers
- Carrying out such assignments as are given from time to time by the State Level District Planning Division
- To tour at least ten days in a month to closely monitor the implementation of various Plan programmes in relation to annual action plan, targets and achievements as per MMR & KDP and to know the bottlenecks and suggest suitable solutions to overcome the bottlenecks, if any. To invariably send the approved tour dairy to the Director, District Planning division
- 13th Finance Commission Growth
- Any other work entrusted by the CEO, Zilla Panchayath.